Marriage and Family
“As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.” Psalm 18:30
My heart sank this last week as I saw on social media, yet another marriage that has ended in divorce. As I hear about marriages like this one, where all outside appearances look like a happy and healthy marriage; I start reflecting on my own marriage and wonder how people get there. But you know, it doesn’t take long to come up with a list of things.
‘How to’ end up in divorce:
- Stop doing the things that got your spouse to love you in the first place
- Start doing things that get others to like you
- Stop looking at your spouse and fantasizing about him/her
- Start looking at other people along with fantasizing about them
- Stop complimenting your spouse
- Start complimenting another
- Stop putting your spouse first
- Start putting another first
- Stop taking refuge in God
- Start taking refuge in another
Wow! I don’t even like reading this list. Let’s make a better list.
How to Have a Happy and Healthy Marriage:
- Keep doing the things that got your spouse to love you in the first place.
- Keep your eyes and heart only for your spouse
- Keep complimenting your spouse only
- Keep putting your spouse first
- Keep taking refuge in God!
My encouragement for us this week: Follow the List of 5 Things for a Happy and Healthy Marriage.
What would you add to the list of “How to Have a Happy and Healthy Marriage”?
Have a Great Week!
**If you need help in your marriage, don’t wait. Seek help from the resources below or contact me and I will help you find an avenue for help.