“and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5
Yesterday, I encouraged my church family to keep their bucket under the flow of God’s love. God poured out His love through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. That love continues to be poured out in an inexhaustible supply on those that will receive it.
Your heart is the bucket and Holy Spirit is pouring out God’s love. Is your bucket under the flow today?
5 Practices to Help Your Bucket Stay Under the Flow:
- Read, Think on, and Apply God’s Word (the Bible) to Your Life
- Pray – talk to Him today; admit your need for Him today; also, confess anything keeping you from Him. (1 John 1:9)
- Talk to others about Jesus – Christians and non-Christians; everyone needs Him.
- Sing to Him – Singing helps to get in the mood of pouring our heart out to Him.
- Make Right Choices – the details matter.
My Encouragement for Us Today: As we practice these 5 things, go tell someone else how to place their bucket under the flow of God’s love.
Have a Great Week!